Monday, September 10, 2007

I love breakfasts

So we are still in this intenet cafe and Morgan bought this tasty fruit tea, which has all apples and stuff in it. And she was kind enough to share, haha, it turns out that using a tea cup costs 10 kuai o_O and normal cup is free. Zhongguo. . .

So we had our first lesson today. We have two nice Chinese woman teaching us, and the lessons go on from 8 till 12. It's really cool tho, that lectures are just in the building opposite to us, so actually, if I wake up at 7.45 it just takes like 5 mins to dress up, 9 to eat breakfast and 1 min to get there. Actually, I could cut down on dressing up time to 2 mins and have a 11 min breakfast !!!!! Living here is a paradise. Plus that they have those stalls (budki) with baozi, mmm. Baozi for breakfast.

BREAKFAST is what I live for!!

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's much better than dinner, supper, desert, vodka... plus that it's good for you!

So the lessons were really really hard! As Morgan says ''If you want to feel stupid, come to China'' It's like a never ending study (funny for me to say that being a beginner but she has a degree in Chinese, man! The only person that seems confident about his Chinese is... ah.. no need to mention that. . .

But I'm gonna be freaking good... but we've got our first test tomorrow.. awww...

Words are (and sentences with the words to show that I fully understand them)

Qiao – to knock. (qiao, qiao, qiao – who's there? - hipopotam :O :P )

Gang – just. (like in: I geng arrived in the cafe)

Darao – to disturb... ( the Chinese screaming, partying, rich people in here DARAO me...)

Tongwu – roommate (My TOMGWU is very nice)

Lishixi – History Department (My teacher tought me a new word today: LISHIXI)

Jinxiu – to engage in advanced studies (I have JINXIU)

Gan xingqu – to be interested in (I GAN XINGQU in mountains and beautiful scenery, hehe :)

Ru xi – to be enrolled into a department (I am RU XI at NanDa)

Da chi yi jing – be shocked (I DA CHI YI JING that using a 'special cup' costs 10 kuai o_O when u already payed for a jug (dzbanek) of tea. . .)

Mei Xiang Dao – unexpected (It was very MEI XIANG DAO)

Zhaohu – to call after (a person) (I ZHAOHU'd the waiter to bring me a cup)

Chi Jing – to be surprised (He was CHI JING when I asked him for a cup)

He---yi yang – same as (My cup HE(and) my friends cup not YI YANG)

Ting---de – quite (The cups TING different DE)

Jiao Pengyou – to make friends (I in China want to JIAO PENGYOU)

Na---kaixin – to amuse somebody (The sheep NA KAIXIN some people :)


WOW, I think that's kidaf a good way to learn! I'm so talented... no one beats me in my Chinese! I should just become a teacher today because I'm sooooo smart... That's so NOT mei xiang dao :P

Just joking... So another day tomorrow...


Photos: The high building is where we live; the other houses is what I see from my window (not too nice huh?; then the 'bowl' is our campus; the cool guy looking at the cool things is in the city centre;

and then we're out eating, and only I look surprised, but honeslty – I got potatoes!!!





No comments: