Friday, September 21, 2007

After all a good day

So, something interesting finally happened. Our teachers arranged a meeting between Sheffield students (we are honestly extremely prioritised) and Chinese students doing a degree called ''Teaching Chinese as a foreign language'' But let's start from the day's very beginning. Oh, it seems so long now. Usually, every friday we have to prepare ''a bit of news'' or just something interesting to say. Because everyone got drunk yesterday there were just like – what? 10 people in class. People were speaking about their trips, about how they experience China or how their first lessons (teaching English) were. I did this small presentation about the tales of the Grimm brothers, saying that all kids know their stories, but also as adults we can learn from them. For instance, to take care of each other (Cinderella), not only to love yourself, and not to look at people's outside, but also their inside (Beauty and the Beast)... Wow :) Well, I don't know if anyone in class understood what I meant in Chinese. Well, I decided to let them see this 5 min story (Little Red Riding hood, Czerwony Kapturek) that I just bought the day before. It was a VCD in Chinese with all the pictures and I think it was really cute. Oh, can't believe how much I wrote about all this...

Then I was sad. . . and then I lorking got cheered up :D :*

OK, so now the interesting part. We went to that mingle with Chinese people – party. And to my surprise it was organized really really well! We all had to introduce ourselves, and the ones with a talent (Bunny, Jin, Andy and Tom) and a lot of Chinese got to perform! Bunny's voice was surprisingly beautiful! Jin was standing on his hands, and then do this jump. It was far too short tho. And then, then, then!!! The teacher asked we if anyone can sing, and I went and asked everyone, but noone would agree to do it. And then Andy cracked a joke that he would. Ha ha – the best part is that I'm such a mean person and I run to the teacher and told her that Andy would do it :P She got really excited, and got all the 100 people to shout stuff like ''You can do it'' Ha ha poor Andy had no choice. Fortunately Tom joined him and they both sang Michael Jacksons ''Thriller.'' ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ It was awesome. Gosh I'm so proud of Andy :) and the rest as well, but Andy is The Best, coz he can entertain everyone in such a great way... oh.. I love my mates.

Ok, ok, ok. Hao le, hao le, hao le. Need to sleep, tomorrow, another seemingly interesting day :)

And especially to my mum – I loooooooooove youuuu!!!!!!!!!!


In the pictures: Andy& Tom singing - Thriller, Bunny singing, me and my teachers baby, and Jin on his hands.







No comments: