Wednesday, April 16, 2008

❤ China ❤ Olympics ❤ Go Beijing ❤

Today I changed my msn status to:

China Olympics Go Beijing

The reason: I want to show a little irony here... Do as all young Chinese are doing. Except for... it wouldn't make much sense if I wrote as some of them: ''May our motherland grow greater and stronger''. The Olympics in China certainly makes the Chinese proud and I think it awakes feelings of nationalism. Especially, when other countries are trying so hard to pick on China. Lately an American journalist called Chinese people something I cannot translate to English (but it's nothing good), and their products imported junk. The common people are the ones who react to this type of anti-Chinese comments. They become more committed to their government and their nation. They see the West as an enemy. Now, is this supposed to be any good?

Protesters will not put pressure on China – they will offend them and cause a defensive reaction. Most of those people who protest do not know how harmful what they're doing is. What do they want to achieve? Do they want to stop what's happening in Tibet, or show that they have freedom of speech? I think the westerners think that they are the one who know, the ones who are better, the ones who should teach China. But China is not by any means a country which will let 'the people who have no idea what they're protesting about' to teach them.

So if some people really want to go to a protest, exert pressure on the government or something like that, common, better try to engage in other topics. By protesting and trying to intimidate China, the effect will be the opposite, better follow the Chinese custom and keep quiet about things that you have no influence over. And if you want your viewpoint to be heard, study some history, and write a book.

.

After the week of rain, cold and rain the sun finally made it's way through the clouds of Nanjing City. Yesterday was a horrible day, but in the end something wonderful happened, which gives me power to keep going for one more week. I'm now only running on spare batteries, but in about a week I'm gonna load. My hope is up, and I'm waiting, anticipating and preparing...

.

Yes, I'm preparing for one thing, but then the exams are coming up.. like... tomorrow, so I need to go and prepare for them before I prepare for anything else.

No comments: