Saturday, May 31, 2008

Suzhou Weekend Trip ;)



I still haven't written anything about my trip to Sanya. Maybe I'm lazy or maybe there are many more appealing things. It's not even like I can take a look at the photos from Sanya, simply because I didn't take that many. What I want to remember from there will stay in for a little while I think.

So this time I'll write about my trip to Suzhou. I basically just stepped off the train, put my computer on, downloaded photos, and now I will write about it.

Suzhou was absolutely amazing. I went there with my Chinese friend – Sophie, so it was a very nice Chinese experience. Sophie guided me to a special ancient street in Suzhou, where we were wandering on Friday evening, constantly clicking with our cameras, and opening our mouths as wide as possible express ''WOW'' in Chinese. So beautiful. The hostel staff was right, one should go there in the evening. I cannot say we were wandering aimlessly, we were searching for the breathtaking spots. It would be easy to suffocate that way, so we stopped in a little alley where houses were on the river. Simply wonderful.

One thing we might have had problems with is finding food. Every time we tried it took us about an hour. I think it's a catastrophe to put two indecisive girls together. Thankfully, it's survive-able if they can entertain each other while walking into the 15th restaurant and deciding that 'it's not the one'.

So next day, today... We went to the Lion Forest Garden. It's not very big, but definitely takes a couple hours to walk it all. That place would be a heaven for climbers (and fishermen). You walk on man-made stone mountains, walking into the 'caves' and back up again. All around a lake.

There are absolutely huge fishes swimming there and fishing is prohibited. :D Well, even there we were taking photos of everything, whether moving or not.

It was all nice, so I will not write about how we almost missed the train, just to remember the beauty of Suzhou and nice company :)

1 comment:

Mona said...

Hej Aleksandra! Hoppas att allt ar bra med dig! Jag ar i Grekland pa traningslager och det hur bra som helst: bade traningen och vadret. Och maten naturligtvis!! Nu ar det snart sista veckan pa jobbet med alla elever... Det ska bli skont att bli lite ledig. Har blir det bara lite semester och mycket traning!! Inte fel det heller. Ha det fint! Kram