Friday, January 18, 2008

The Holidays so far

It's Saturday. I know I haven't been writing here for a while so here comes a little update on what I've been up to. Unexpectedly, it started snowing in Nanjing. People say there was no snow the last years few years, so everyone is very excited. Even I must admit, that even though I hate cold and snow, this time, it's a nice change to the grayness and pollution. The last two weeks, I've been trying to do as much reading, learning, and overall staying in and not stressing too much about what's going on outside. I must say, that I'm impressed with myself. I managed to do a lot of things I have been missing, and I even went to some karate classes. I'm half way though a book (One flew over cuckoo's nest), I have been reading about photography (which is really interesting) etc. So even if I'm not traveling now, I've got the whole life in front of me to do that. I bet this is not my last time in China (if of course I'm meant to have a long life as opposed to a short one). So not having to go and do something every day is good for me.

Except for times when I miss home, my friends in England, Poland, and all those other things people miss when they realize they are alone in a country far, far, far away. Still, my mum is coming in a week, and another exciting adventure is about to start. Except for going to Beijing, I think I'll plan massages, manicures and all the things that make a woman look gorgeous and feel like a new-born (hopefully). Huhm... If that doesn't sound exciting enough, there is always the gastronomic side of China, which still remains undiscovered to travelers who come here with a guide and only eat in expensive, clean restaurants... We're going to eat side by side with the cockroaches, breathing in the smoke (because of course everyone smokes in China, in restaurants, malls, taxis, buses, all the other buildings).

Haha, we'll see how much of this will be true :P

Welcome to China Mum!! :D


No comments: