Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas party



Lessons learned (Ogolne wnioski)

If you are having a party, it can really boring, and really shit, but there will be loads of people as long as there is lots of food.

That's one lesson, and the second one is that no one actually treats me like a child anymore. I don't get the present, chocolates or anything from the Santa. I think that I look much older than I really am, because 1) I get to sit at the grown up table, 2) grown ups give me wine. I feel very old.

So I get to teach privately. It's two really cute kids, and a really nice family. I feel more like they want me to join their family rather than teach English. But that's really nice anyway.

But at the moment my life feels so so busy. Every day there is someone calling to meet me, someone invites me for dinner every second day. And there is such a clear symbiosis between me and those people. I know exactly what they want from me, as well as what they can give me. So I always feel like doing business. Good thing is, it's most of the time in a good atmosphere. Doesn't change the fact that I'm a grown up now, and I need to sort myself out. There are good things about being busy: not too much time to miss home, friends; there isn't that feeling of not doing anything. But a bad thing is that not doing anything is a luxury.

No more about my busyness, I'm sure there are plenty of you who are more busy. And, nevertheless, I still do have a life. (look photos)

No comments: